Monday 22 September 2014

Week Four - Cambridge & Cousins



I was up early on Friday morning, as we were heading into Cambridge, to see a friend of mum mums. He works at Cambridge University, so he showed us around the place, in the halls and church located there, told us a few facts about the place which were pretty cool. After having Lunch, mum and I took a little wonder around the lanes, going in and out of all the little shops and taking in all the culture. I have never been there before, but I loved it and I will really try to go back.




















__________

Next was a trip to Saffron Walden to see my mums friend. She lives on a little house boat, it was interesting to say the least. I have not stayed on one before and I don’t think I will in the future, aha. Apart from that it was lovely to have a home cooked meal and just relaxing with a glass of wine in the sun set of summer. After a relaxing night, we went to a place called Audely End. Its a house which was built in the late 1400’s, it was so beautiful and lovely to see all the history, and the gardens were so lovely.
























You can find out how to visit - http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/audley-end-house-and-gardens/

__________


Sunday lunch was planned to met my two ‘new’ cousins. Since I moved to Australia, my uncle has had two girls, (5 & 3) and they are the cutest two I have met!
The oldest one is such a chatter box and wants the spotlight on her 24/7, and the younger one is the a little shy but still so cute!
We had lunch at the Rose Inn, it has a little play area for the girls to explore and adventure on. After a beautiful roast dinner, we head back to Nans, for a cup of tea and cake. 







No comments:

Post a Comment