Tuesday 28 January 2014

Queensland




August came around, so as a family we decided to take a trip over to cairns, sunnnnnyyy caiirnnns!


We stayed in a place called Palm Cove, which was so, so beautiful, white beaches and by a sea, what more could you ask for!



We headed up to a little town called Kuranda, which has about 20 shops and a couple of cafes, but mainly the beautiful forest, which leads you to an amazing waterfall, which is so breath taking. I got there and it felt so surreal, but I felt so calm in myself, which was an amazing feeling.






So the reason we decided to head to Queensland was for my old mans 50th! 

The time has finally come around and old age has come down on him like a tonne of bricks! ,haha only kidding, his fit as a fiddle, old fool.
So, on his special day, we took a trip to Green Island, which is just off the coast of cairns, I have been there before, but only very young, so I only can remember bits and bobs of it.
SO, what is there to do, well, there is a little crocodile park that you can work through and see all the little baby crocs and then there is the HUGE ones that are like 40-50 years old, scary looking I tell yaa!  Also a 'Hall of Fame' of the old crocs that have die and there was people who have been eaten by them, not a pretty site!
After that experience and lunch, we headed into the ocean for a bit of snookering, searching and touching the fish, was incredible, its so amazing to see all the different spices of fish down there, I wish that I had more time in the water!! 
I WILL BE BACK FOR SURE!!!




I love Queensland, and I will be back in the next couple of years, for sure!!!

however, now is to save for the big holiday!!

x



No comments:

Post a Comment